Monday, July 06, 2009

anagrams


I let my anagrams program run for a while trying to find anagrams for "eastern washington university". I killed it after it had produced 60 million anagrams and 5.9Gb of output. At that point all of the lines still started with :


[["a"],["a"] ...


On another note, the Tour De France has started again. I used to do a fair amount of cycling (but no racing) so have been watching this now for a while and in the last couple of years have found it increasingly fun. It helps that Versus shows several hours of it in the morning pretty much as it happens - so not only do you get to watch the race, but you also get to look at the French (and Italian and Spanish and ...) countryside. The later broadcasts focus more on the race and especially on the American riders, which gets substantially less interesting for me - I enjoy watching them all battle it out and watching the soap opera of who gets to win (and who gets to win the various jerseys) unfold over the course of three weeks or so.

No comments: